The Saskatchewan Bison Association (SBA) was formed by bison producers in 1991 to promote the industry and to develop markets outside the farm gate.
SBA Mandate: was to promote the bison industry and the use of bison and bison-related products in Saskatchewan.
The SBA was administered by a nine-member, elected Board of Directors and a contracted Executive Director.
Member Services were:
- Representation of Saskatchewan bison industry from central office location at Stockman’s Arena on Regina Exhibition Grounds
- Response to member enquiries and information requests
- Publication and distribution of quarterly newsletter
- Administration of what was then the SBA website (www.saskbison.com) with links to available Association members’ websites and email addresses
- Administration of industry-related research projects
- Provision of portable bison handling facility for rental to Association members
- Planning, organization and execution of annual SBA Summer Field Day
- Coordination of Annual Production Sale (December) and Premium Stock Show and Sale (March)